Surface Design Masterclass Part 1: Explore Digital
I am delighted to be able to welcome you along to a intensive two day course exploring the techniques of creating repeat patterns and prints for textile & surface design within todays must have design software.
This design course is the first in a series of design masterclasses that I will offer in 2018 to give you the chance to learn some of the tips and tricks that I use to develop my fabric collections.
As an established Interior textile designer & director of my own company, Digital design has played an integral part in helping me to work efficiently & realise my vision for textiles & wallpaper.
Over two days I will offer you the tools that you need to develop your ideas within the Adobe Creative Suite and show you how best to communicate these to your suppliers & clients.
Working directly from my studio In Brighton, we will explore:
- The differences between Illustrator and Photoshop, which program is best for you?
- Image manipulation, with a focus on photoshop.
- All the different pattern repeats; from basic to seamless and how to create them.
- How to create pattern motifs from scanned images, sketches & photographs.
- Working with colour; how to assign colours to artworks and ensure they print right.
- Visualisation; how to place you patterns into products or a setting in order to help imagine the end result.
- Ways in which you may speed up the process of realising your design.
- How to present your ideas in a digital format.
- How to prepare your artwork for print.
Reasons to join:
- Enjoy a rare and wonderful opportunity to benefit from the time and expertise of an establised and practicing designer, directly from her design studio.
- Relish the chance to really emmerse yourself into the subject whilst receiving all the benefits that one to one tuition can provide; only four spaces on this course will be offered.
- Learn to proceed with confidence. take home with you worksheets that can then be applied to future work.
- An opportunity to share the day with like minded creatives within an inspiring environment, in the heart of Brighton.
- Creatives with a basic knowledge of designing within Adobe creative suite. (photoshop will be the principle software used)
As it will be the first of what I hope will be many design classes held at my studio, I am delighted to offer a very reasonable price for this course;
Date: 17th & 18th March 2018
The weekend workshop runs from 10am until 5pm, drinks and a lovely lunch will be included. Please let me know your dietry requirements. More details about the itinery of the day will be posted nearer the time.
- Your laptop
- Adobe creative suite: If you do not have the software a free 30 day trial is available for download.
- A folder of inspirational imagery, as well as your own drawings & photographs that you would like to turn into a pattern design. Pre-Scanned is useful but not essential.
Having practiced your new skills, you may also like the opportunity to explore ideas further with my help. Further one to one tuition following the course will be available either directly or online.
Details to follow.